The Merlin2 Universal Carving Set is our entry-level system containing the miniature angle grinder and six accessories for cutting, shaping and sanding. Good all round starter set and great for miniature woodcarving, woodworking, D-I-Y’s and metal work. MERLIN2® is a miniature, variable speed long neck angle grinder with six accessories including the 8 tooth “Smallest Chainsaw in the World”. Excellent choice for woodcarving, metalwork, miniature woodworking and finish work. We don’t recommend using this set for carving large free-form bowls, sculptures, totem poles or the like. We have other tools you’ll love for those massive projects! The mini grinder’s variable speed also gives you excellent control over every one of the accessories – from slow to fast speeds, you’re in the driver’s seat!
ELECTRICAL PLUG - Important: Please specify the electrical plug you require for your country at time of ordering. This is an additional service we provide at no charge. The radio buttons will request you select North American, Australian & New Zealand, European or United Kingdom. King Arthur’s Tools will make the Merlin2® grinder with your specific country’s voltage, cord and plug. If we do not have your country’s plug, please select the one whereby you can most easily obtain an electrical adapter to suit the plug you choose.
MERLIN2® Miniature Angle Grinder, Variable Speed, 110V-115V - 15,000 RPMs
MERLIN2® Miniature Angle Grinder, Variable Speed, 220V-230V - 15,000 RPMs
PLUS Merlin2® Universal Carving Set Accessories:
SKU 21008 Merlin2 8 Tooth Chain And Disc
SKU 10009 Coarse Red Carbide Abrasive
SKU 10042 60 Grit Flap Disc Sander
SKU 10043 120 Grit Flap Disc Sander
SKU 10044 240 Grit Flap Disc Sander
SKU 10048 Fiberglass Cutoff Wheel
SKU 10181 Flange Holder
For information on the specifications, characteristics and qualities of the individual accessories, please refer to the specific items. All accessories are sold as replacement parts.
Specifications & Features
|MERLIN® VARIABLE SPEED MINIATURE ANGLE GRINDER - 15,000 RPM SPECIFICATIONS|
|SKU/PART#||PLUG/VOLTAGE||WATTS/AMPS||LENGTH||NET WEIGHT||SHIPPING WEIGHT|
|10005||North American/110-115v||100 Watts||11-1/2"||1.1 lb||4 LBS|
|10040AU||Australian & New Zealand/220-230v||1 Amp||29.2 cm||0.5 kg||4 LBS|
|10040EU||European & Scandinavian/220-230v||1 Amp||29.2 cm||0.5 kg||4 LBS|
|10040UK||United Kingdom/220v||1 Amp||29.2 cm||0.5 kg||4 LBS|
- Great for miniature work like carving spoons, small bowls, or for details on faces and feathers
- Portable and versatile. Terrific for carving, shaping and sanding in difficult, hard to reach places
- Excellent for woodcarving, miniature woodworking, DIY auto repairs, metal and finish work
- Used with or against the grain on flat, straight, round, convex, concave and contoured surfaces
- Can be used on wood, plastic, rubber, bone, fiberglass and other soft non-ferrous materials
- Many accessories also fit higher powered, single speed mini grinders
- Can be powered by an automobile’s AC/DC power converter
- Easily upgraded with over 60 accessories to expand your range of applications and projects
- Eliminates the need for an air compressor
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
- Portable & Versatile for carving, cutting, sanding & more!
- Great for miniature work & details like carving spoons, small bowls, faces & feathers
- Easily upgraded with over 60 accessories available