The Merlin2® Tungsten Carbide Fine Garnet Disc is a 2" (50mm) diameter round rasp spinning around at up to 16,000 rpm that allows for the fast, effective final shaping of material, creating a fine surface, usually just prior to sanding. This Garnet disc is best used on its face but can also be used on its edge. Best used at slower speeds on our variable speed Merlin2® miniature angle grinder.
SKU 10011 2” (50mm) x 10mm Center Hole Fine Garnet Round Tungsten Carbide Disc
For information on the specifications, characteristics and qualities of the individual accessories, please refer to the specific items. All accessories are sold as replacement parts.
Merlin2® Operating Instructions [pdf]
Merlin2® Frequently Asked Questions [pdf]
Specifications & Features
|MERLIN2® ACCESSORY SPECIFICATIONS
|NAME||SKU||NET WEIGHT||THICKNESS||DIAMETER||SHIPPING WEIGHT|
|FINE GARNET ROUND TUNGSTEN CARBIDE DISC||10011||1.2||35||1/2||12.540||2||48.880||5||142|
- Allows for fast, effective final shaping and surface preparation of material prior to sanding
- Leaves smooth surfaces when working end grain and along or across the grain.
- Extremely useful for final surface preparation when carving concave or convex shapes or deep hollows in spoons and small bowls.
- Detail work on animal or facial sculptures.
- Can be used on both its face and edge.
- Highly effective on bone, horn, antlers, fiberglass, plastic, solid rubber, foam core, polyurethane, soapstone and composite materials.
- Changing accessories is easy using the Allen key and flange holder.
- When material build-up occurs, waste is easily removed using a small propane burner, brass metal brush or cleaning solvent
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
- Allows for fast, effective final shaping & surface prep of material prior to sanding
- Can be used on both its face and edge
- MADE IN THE USA