This is a small but very important addition to the Manpatools range of carving and texturing accessories. It is a multi-use, crossover extension which requires a little explanation!
- The MCAT Extension MP21-12-2 is a multi-use extension which extends the length and reach of three Manpa accessories: Mini Collet ER, Assistant Tool 1, and Assistant Tool 2.
- It is also the same extension included in every Crack Cutter.
- The MCAT Extension was introduced as a separate part to safely accommodate the high demand of extending the reach of these accessories, especially the Mini Collet ER
- The MCAT Extension extends the length of all of the above accessories by 2-3/8” (60mm)
Summary: When you want to extend the length of the three products mentioned above,
- If you already own a Crack Cutter, you do not need to buy MCAT Extension MP21-12-2. You already own one by default.
- If you don’t own a Crack Cutter, you need the MCAT Extension MP21-12-2.
- Simple safety instructions and videos for fitting the MCAT Extension to the items above are found on their product pages and on the Product Videos.
A quick summary is outlined below. All products fit on a 4-1/2” (115mm) angle grinder. Here’s how:
Mini Collet ER
- Mini Collet ER is screwed directly to the grinder’s center shaft.
- MCAT Extension then screws to the Mini Collet ER. Video Link
Assistant Tool 1, both Short and Long; Assistant Tool 2; Crack Cutter
- Special Adapter screws directly to the grinder’s center shaft.
- MCAT Extension then screws into the special adapter.
- Any of the above three (3) accessories is screwed to the MCAT Extension. Video Links