Assistant Tool 2 is a terrific sanding accessory which enables you to make your own flap and rolling sanders. It is a lightweight, high quality slotted conical accessory, 6” (150mm) long and sloping from ¼” (6mm) to ½” (12mm) on which you will use your own sandpaper, powered by your 4-1/2” (115mm) angle grinder.
Used directly on the angle grinder a variable speed control Is highly recommended. Using the Special Adaptor (purchased separately), the female end tightens directly onto the threaded center shaft of your 4-1/2” angle grinder, and the male end is secured into the Assistant Tool 2.
Using Assistant Tool 2 for Flap sanding. We recommend the sandpaper width be anywhere between 2” and 4” wide (50mm & 100mm) x 2” high (50mm). It applies to any grit sandpaper. This simple process means you can easily make your own flap sander in any grit and ensures sandpaper is exposed on both sides.
Using Assistant Tool 2 for Rolling Sanding. Sizes can vary to suit your needs depending on how tight you wrap the sandpaper, its thickness, and the wrapping angle. Sandpaper is market available in sheets or rolls, and in grits of your choice.
① Assistant Tool 2 is 6” (150mm) long
How to Make Flap & Rolling Sanders for Assistant Tool 2 [PDF]
Specifications & Features
- Consists of main tool, 6“(150mm) long, to make cloth, flap and rolling sanders
- High quality, lightweight and strong
- Fits 4-1/2” (115mm) angle grinders
- Can use a variety of market available rolls or sheet sandpaper
- Excellent for sanding inside, outside, and around small and large curved surfaces, even cup handles
- Special Adaptor (purchased separately) is required to secure to angle grinder
- Fits on 4-1/2” Angle Grinder: Assistant Tool 2 with its M10 thread can be installed directly using Special Adaptor
- Make Your Own Cloth & Flap Sanders: Customize the size per instructions above and included
- Make Your Own Rolling Sander: Customize the size per instructions above and included
- Special adapter is needed to fit AT2: Assistant Tool 2 has M10 thread. It needs Special Adaptor for use on an angle grinder
- Right RPM for Job: Depending on the project, users need to change the RPM’s to achieve optimum performance
- Use Two Hands: Always use BOTH hands to control the angle grinder