what is Igraine?
Igraine® 4” x 5/8” (100mm x 16mm) flap disc sanders are exclusive worldwide only to King Arthur’s Tools. Why? Simply because we make them available in three (3) grits, 24, 60 and 80, and all with a 5/8” center hole, whereas they are sold everywhere else with a 7/8” (22mm) arbor. They will conveniently fit all standard 4-1/2” angle grinders with a standard 5/8” (16mm) arbor. The 5/8” flap discs will be seated ON the angle grinder’s bottom flange arbor. All are best tightened using the KAT 5/8” Universal Nut, however, your grinder’s securing nut will also tighten our flap discs.
Igraine® 4” x 7/8” (100mm x 22mm) flap disc sanders are made exclusively for King Arthur’s Tools. We offer this choice in three (3) grits, 24, 60 and 80, so you can choose either the 5/8” or 7/8” (22mm) center hole. Both will fit all angle grinders from 4-1/2” to metric 115mm to 125mm. The 7/8” flap discs will be seated OVER the angle grinder’s bottom flange arbor. All are best tightened using the KAT 5/8” Universal Nut, however, your grinder’s securing nut will also tighten our flap discs.
Both of these exclusive Igraine flap discs are Type 29 featuring conical shaped flaps angled at 10 degrees. They are most efficient when used between a 15 degree to 25 degree angle. The angled flaps provide a greater surface contact for a more aggressive cut. High-Density discs have 40% more abrasive cloth than the standard discs which provides longer life and twice the removal rate while producing a softer grind. The thicker design conforms better to irregular shapes. (Standard discs are general purpose discs intended for applications that do not require extensive material removal).
In summary we have them available with both the 5/8” and 7/8” (22mm) center holes x 4” (100mm) diameter in three (3) grits, 24, 60 and 80. The 7/8” (22mm) flap discs will be seated over the angle grinder’s bottom flange arbor whereas the 5/8” flap discs will be seated on the angle grinder’s bottom flange arbor. The only difference between the 5/8” and 7/8” (16mm & 22mm) is the center hole diameter. The quality is the same, uncompromisingly high.
What Can Igraine Do?
- Igraine® flap disc sanders are typically used in are wood finishing, blending welds, deburring, cleaning and finishing applications, stock removal, edge chamfering and rust removal
- For use on material such as wood, aluminum, brass, bronze, stainless steel, carbon steel and titanium
- Ideal for contour and edge work
For large free form power carving projects we recommend you use our:
- Lancelot® and Squire® saw chain blades, or their tandem combinations, for mass removal and rough shaping, then use
- Galahad CG® or Holey Galahad® tungsten carbide discs to smooth down uneven, high spots and ridges, then
- Igraine® flap discs for major surface area sanding and finishing.
- For detail carving, complete the project with the Merlin2® mini grinder and its many accessories and/or finish with Guinevere® sanding and polishing system to obtain a super fine velvet touch finish
- Apply your liquid or wax finishes after either sanding with Igraine®, Merlin2® or Guinevere®, depending on your choice of surface grit finish