These Hole Cutters are a highly unusual series of cutting tools. They virtually “drill” between approximately 2” to 3” diameter holes in wood using the great power of an angle grinder. Working with these different sized hole cutters adds a brand-new dimension to carving.
The 2” (50mm) Hole Cutter fits directly on a 4-1/2” (115mm) angle grinder (not included) with the included special adapter. Once they’re hooked up, the carving end is 5-5/8” (143mm) away from the head of the grinder. It can be further extended by another 5-1/2” (140mm) with the Sanding Tool MP21-12 so you can carve over 11” (243mm) away from the grinder’s head. You’ll have tremendous reach when added to the length of your arms.
Specifications & Features
- It allows power gouging in any direction
- Has three replaceable, tungsten carbide round teeth MP21-R-R83S
- Cuts round holes approximately 1-3/4” (45mm) in diameter
- Drill holes for branches, makes unusual sculptures, large bowl cavities and much, much more!
- Inbuilt design of blade guide absorbs vibration and kickback reaction
- Use in a push/pull, up and down motion to carve deeper into wood
- Can be extended 5-1/2” (140mm) using Sanding Tool MP21-12 for a reach of 11-1/8” (243mm) from head of grinder
- You can even add a second Sanding Tool MP21-12 to extend this reach to an incredible 16-5/8” (383mm)
- A Grinder Holder MP21-9 can be added to reduce vibration and add 7 different handle positions